Skip to main content

On the Real

Tonight is the official "lets shave heads" night. I think I have 4 friends who are down with it. I plan on capturing before and after photos of everyone. I hope to make a hawk happen for pictures fun. There will be a blog on the party tomorrow.

On the real, this has been one of the toughest weeks. I guess going towards bald and "really feeling like a cancer patient" might be the problem. This whole situation is such a roller coaster. I really do not wish it on anyone. You start to wonder if people are doing things "because you have cancer". I mean in a lot of cases people are and that is really just a reflection of love and appreciation of me. You are just forced to deal with so many things at once, you have to slowly let out the pain and frustration. You have to slowly digest the entire situation, all the things you already know you have to face are too difficult to imagine at the same time.

This is a constant learning lesson; I have to learn to be very tolerant and sympathetic to everyone around me. People get so nervous talking to me (a laugh a little inside when I see it) and often I just have to let the conversation happen and answer questions. I totally understand how strange this is for everyone - I mean honestly in a way it might be easier for me than for you guys - as I always know exactly what is happening.

Before I starting writing this I was feeling sad, it really shows how therapeutic it is to express yourself and vent out the emotions inside in a positive way. I feel much better and am ready to gear up and shave some people's heads!

Much love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaved

I went ahead and shaved my head today. It has been falling out non-stop since Thursday. I traveled to Stafford today to pick up my wigs so I had Hazel go ahead and buzz cut my hair. She did leave enough at the top for a killer mohawk this weekend. I must say I was more upset this morning constantly throwing away chunks of hair than I am right now, rubbing my softly shaven head. Two new observations: 1. Everything is much colder 2. My head is much lighter

Chemo #3

I had my third chemo session today. My friend Claire went with me. It's nice to have someone there; I dare say a partner in crime. Plus, since I am hooked to a machine, I get to boss around my guest to get me coffee, snacks etc. Pretty sweet, I mean they have to get stuff for me. :) I feel better this week than last week. Every time I cross a new bridge with this deal (newest bridge = hair loss) I am forced onto the roller coaster again. I have a hard time when I am sad or upset. It is really frustrating, when I feel sad I think back to the week before when I felt good, when I was happy. I sit there and try to figure out how to get back to feeling good. The answer so far has been simple, time. Time to process what is going on. Time to process how I feel and time to figure out what I can do to make it better. Sometimes there is nothing I can do and somehow in those moments one of my friends sends a text, a card, a package or email to let me know they care. It really ma

I made a choice.

So I have spent the past few weeks thinking.   Trying to nail down what is most important.  Trying to give myself some perspective.   So I have outlined my worst case scenarios.  Worst case scenario #1:  I don't have the surgery now and end up with cancer in the next few years.   Worst case scenario #2: I have the surgery now and a few years from now I am unhappy and upset that I never had my own biological children.   Worst case scenario #3: I have horrible menopausal symptoms for the next few years.   So. When I write them out.  I see something pretty clear.  #2 and #3 are temporary and there are options for me to work through.   #1 could equal death.  Which is pretty permanent.   So. I'm gonna do it.  That's how I feel right now.  I'm going to chose short term suffering to have a better long term life.   I am trying to read up on things I can do to mitigate menopause that are not hormone based.   If you are reading this and have a