Skip to main content

Monday Monday

This Thursday is my final AC session. (yay) Which means that I have made it through most of the super agressive chemo. After this chemo I will have an extra week before the next session of chemo (next session is every three weeks, six sessions). I am looking forward to having an extra week as right now I start to feel better two days before I have to go through it all over again.

This whole experience is so strange. I spend a significant amount of time not feeling anything. I think it is a defense mechanism. A way to cope with everything going on. Important Note: Not feeling anything is better than feeling bad ;)

So I set little goals for myself to achieve, simple ones - and keep on trucking.

I spoke with my friend who has gone through the whole chemo deal today. Was the best 20 minutes I have spent on the phone in weeks. It is so very nice to talk to someone who has gone through it. I don't have to explain how I feel or why - she just gets it. So if anyone who reads this knows someone else who is dealing with cancer, tell them to talk to another cancer survivor, it really helps.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the nice weather. Later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaved

I went ahead and shaved my head today. It has been falling out non-stop since Thursday. I traveled to Stafford today to pick up my wigs so I had Hazel go ahead and buzz cut my hair. She did leave enough at the top for a killer mohawk this weekend. I must say I was more upset this morning constantly throwing away chunks of hair than I am right now, rubbing my softly shaven head. Two new observations: 1. Everything is much colder 2. My head is much lighter

Chemo #3

I had my third chemo session today. My friend Claire went with me. It's nice to have someone there; I dare say a partner in crime. Plus, since I am hooked to a machine, I get to boss around my guest to get me coffee, snacks etc. Pretty sweet, I mean they have to get stuff for me. :) I feel better this week than last week. Every time I cross a new bridge with this deal (newest bridge = hair loss) I am forced onto the roller coaster again. I have a hard time when I am sad or upset. It is really frustrating, when I feel sad I think back to the week before when I felt good, when I was happy. I sit there and try to figure out how to get back to feeling good. The answer so far has been simple, time. Time to process what is going on. Time to process how I feel and time to figure out what I can do to make it better. Sometimes there is nothing I can do and somehow in those moments one of my friends sends a text, a card, a package or email to let me know they care. It really ma

I made a choice.

So I have spent the past few weeks thinking.   Trying to nail down what is most important.  Trying to give myself some perspective.   So I have outlined my worst case scenarios.  Worst case scenario #1:  I don't have the surgery now and end up with cancer in the next few years.   Worst case scenario #2: I have the surgery now and a few years from now I am unhappy and upset that I never had my own biological children.   Worst case scenario #3: I have horrible menopausal symptoms for the next few years.   So. When I write them out.  I see something pretty clear.  #2 and #3 are temporary and there are options for me to work through.   #1 could equal death.  Which is pretty permanent.   So. I'm gonna do it.  That's how I feel right now.  I'm going to chose short term suffering to have a better long term life.   I am trying to read up on things I can do to mitigate menopause that are not hormone based.   If you are reading this and have a