Skip to main content

Balls of Fire

Most of you know I am now an ex-smoker (catching the cancer helped that to happen). With that comes renewed taste and smell abilities. That has caused me some peril as because of the chemo I am way over sensitive to smell and taste and spend large chunks of time with a metal taste in my mouth piece (no bueno). So this blog is about perseverance. I have decided to overcome a large hurdle today, a challenge if you will. I purchased atomic fireballs. I am about halfway through my first one. Whew those puppies are intense. I keep fighting through the burn because I know once I persevere (scream = word of the day) and make it to the sweeter center of the "ball of fire" I will experience the great joy of reaching my goal. So here's to making it to the sweet center.
Holla - Rosie

Comments

Becky said…
hey rosie,
just wanted to stop by and check on you.hope you are doing as well as you can.miss your smiling face at restaurant hope to see you soon.remember if you need me i am willing to help out.read your blogs for updates love the"BALL OF FIRE" blog.good luck and keep smiling.
your restaurant friend,
Becky
Anonymous said…
Damn, Rosie-
Chemo symptoms sound alot like pregnancy! I can't be around alot of food smells, am constantly nauseous and have a metal taste in my mouth too! I think your situation might be a little worse, though. I think the jury's still out. Hey do you have to push something huge through a very small opening at the end of chemo? Love ya, honey!
Rachel

Popular posts from this blog

I made a choice.

So I have spent the past few weeks thinking.   Trying to nail down what is most important.  Trying to give myself some perspective.   So I have outlined my worst case scenarios.  Worst case scenario #1:  I don't have the surgery now and end up with cancer in the next few years.   Worst case scenario #2: I have the surgery now and a few years from now I am unhappy and upset that I never had my own biological children.   Worst case scenario #3: I have horrible menopausal symptoms for the next few years.   So. When I write them out.  I see something pretty clear.  #2 and #3 are temporary and there are options for me to work through.   #1 could equal death.  Which is pretty permanent.   So. I'm gonna do it.  That's how I feel right now.  I'm going to chose short term suffering to have a better long term life.   I am trying to read up on things I can do to mitigate menopause that ...

Please keep your hands and feet inside during the ride

Right now, 10:53 is the first moment in a month that I had to stop what I was doing to write. This moment was constant back in "the early months". The past few entries were forced and out of necessity not out of wanting to share and express my thoughts. That may have been apparent to some of you. I am trying. I am trying to slowly deal with all of this. But you see - its not like I can check off my to do list easily. So i thought i would share some of my thoughts... #1- I thank god i don't have cancer #2 - I need to relax because I don't have cancer and focus on my healing #3 - I need to accept that my best long term best option was to have a double masectomy and that i chose that and the form of reconstruction - I CHOSE #4 - I need to tell myself that once I heal I will be able to accept my appearance #5 - I need remember how i looked bald and be thankful that I have 2 inches of hair now and I should stop looking at my "before cancer" pictures and cry...

I'm back...well sorta

Hello everyone, I'm back. Medically speaking I am doing pretty fabulous.  I made it through the surgery.  i am recovering pretty fast and I am able to do a little more each day.  I was surprised by the level of pain I experienced while in the hospital and my first week home. It was much more painful that i imagined, but that is in the past now.  In addition, I did not realize how much after care i would need with my various cuts and stitches, but that too will pass.  My mom has been taking care of me and i know that I would not have made it through this without her. I also realize that I do know myself well and as I suspected this has been the most emotionally difficult part of cancer treatment.  i struggled at times with the chemo and wrapping my head around having cancer but those were minor.  I am trying to slowly deal with everything, but it is very difficult and exhausting.   i am planning to go to NC for a few weeks to recover there.  i don't think I can stand to be...