Skip to main content

No mo chemo

I am officially done with Chemo. FINALLY! I started Chemo in January and I have completed 16 3-hour Chemo sessions. I am pretty happy to be done with that chapter.

I have to go back to the hospital tomorrow for another MRI, I had one on Monday and they need another one. At least they are not going to charge me for the second one.

I am heading to Georgetown Hospital on Tuesday to talk about Surgery options. I guess I am more comfortable with the idea of Surgery as I can say the word now.

Two of my very bestest friends moved to SC today. So although I am happy to be done with Chemo, I am sad because they totally rock and have been a huge part of my support system for the past seven months. They have spent time with me every week, well more like 4-5 days a week, eating dinner, watching movies, just hanging with me. I love you guys very much and will miss you!!!

I am thinking about buying a nice wig next week, I just found out my insurance will pay up to $350 for a wig. Although I am rocking the buzz cut on the daily, I would just like to have the option to blend in. I think a nice wig will do that. The other wigs I bought cost between $25-$60 and they were pretty uncomfortable. I hoping the more expensive wigs work out better. Oh I added two pictures to the bottom of my blog, pre-chemo pictures. I could only get them to show up really really big, so don't hate.

That is all for now, hope you are all having a good week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I made a choice.

So I have spent the past few weeks thinking.   Trying to nail down what is most important.  Trying to give myself some perspective.   So I have outlined my worst case scenarios.  Worst case scenario #1:  I don't have the surgery now and end up with cancer in the next few years.   Worst case scenario #2: I have the surgery now and a few years from now I am unhappy and upset that I never had my own biological children.   Worst case scenario #3: I have horrible menopausal symptoms for the next few years.   So. When I write them out.  I see something pretty clear.  #2 and #3 are temporary and there are options for me to work through.   #1 could equal death.  Which is pretty permanent.   So. I'm gonna do it.  That's how I feel right now.  I'm going to chose short term suffering to have a better long term life.   I am trying to read up on things I can do to mitigate menopause that ...

Please keep your hands and feet inside during the ride

Right now, 10:53 is the first moment in a month that I had to stop what I was doing to write. This moment was constant back in "the early months". The past few entries were forced and out of necessity not out of wanting to share and express my thoughts. That may have been apparent to some of you. I am trying. I am trying to slowly deal with all of this. But you see - its not like I can check off my to do list easily. So i thought i would share some of my thoughts... #1- I thank god i don't have cancer #2 - I need to relax because I don't have cancer and focus on my healing #3 - I need to accept that my best long term best option was to have a double masectomy and that i chose that and the form of reconstruction - I CHOSE #4 - I need to tell myself that once I heal I will be able to accept my appearance #5 - I need remember how i looked bald and be thankful that I have 2 inches of hair now and I should stop looking at my "before cancer" pictures and cry...

I'm back...well sorta

Hello everyone, I'm back. Medically speaking I am doing pretty fabulous.  I made it through the surgery.  i am recovering pretty fast and I am able to do a little more each day.  I was surprised by the level of pain I experienced while in the hospital and my first week home. It was much more painful that i imagined, but that is in the past now.  In addition, I did not realize how much after care i would need with my various cuts and stitches, but that too will pass.  My mom has been taking care of me and i know that I would not have made it through this without her. I also realize that I do know myself well and as I suspected this has been the most emotionally difficult part of cancer treatment.  i struggled at times with the chemo and wrapping my head around having cancer but those were minor.  I am trying to slowly deal with everything, but it is very difficult and exhausting.   i am planning to go to NC for a few weeks to recover there.  i don't think I can stand to be...