Skip to main content

Make a plan and then watch it burn!


Hello

I made a plan.

I spent time thinking about it and working out the details.  I was feeling pretty good about it.  In retrospect pretty sure that was my first mistake!

Soooooo......My mom hurt her ankle and cannot put pressure on it walking or driving.  She is in a lot of pain and will not be able to make the drive up for my surgery.  I will now be spending the first week of recovery here at home vs. with my parents in NC.  (Prayers for a speedy recovery for mom is appreciated!)

So I needed a new plan quickly and I was starting to panic about what to do.  I wasn't planning on having to make meals and wasn't planning on going up and down stairs right away.  Wasn't planning to dodge my boxer from jumping or sitting on me.  Plus Jon has to work Fri, Sat, Sun and Monday so I was worried how it would all pan out when I get home from the hospital on Friday.  

Right away my dear neighbor Denise stepped up to calm me down and to let me know she will not let me wither away alone in my house.   She will be here for me and make sure both Murphy and I are fed.   A few friends have offered to come by and bring food.  So I was starting to think this will be ok.   

I am trying to wrap up stuff at work and I am feeling the pressure that I don't have many days left.  Today was super busy and I was getting ready to leave and worked myself into a panic over all of this.  And then I got a text from my dear friend Trudy.   A few messages and a short talk on the phone and just like that Trudy is going to come visit from DE and help me through my first days home from the hospital.  I mean talk about timing! I'm having a mini breakdown and then 10 mins later it is all good.  

So right now I am feeling a little better and a little brighter that this will all work out ok.   I think I will definitely need some help with food my first week or so home.  If that is something anyone is able to help with please send me a message on Facebook.  So far I have Friday 10/6 and Saturday 10/7 covered.   All I need is one meal a day I can sort out the rest with cereal and oatmeal.  

Please keep me in your prayer and positivity lists.  I am a week away from surgery tomorrow and I am feeling anxious and nervous.  

Hugs - Rosie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaved

I went ahead and shaved my head today. It has been falling out non-stop since Thursday. I traveled to Stafford today to pick up my wigs so I had Hazel go ahead and buzz cut my hair. She did leave enough at the top for a killer mohawk this weekend. I must say I was more upset this morning constantly throwing away chunks of hair than I am right now, rubbing my softly shaven head. Two new observations: 1. Everything is much colder 2. My head is much lighter

Chemo #3

I had my third chemo session today. My friend Claire went with me. It's nice to have someone there; I dare say a partner in crime. Plus, since I am hooked to a machine, I get to boss around my guest to get me coffee, snacks etc. Pretty sweet, I mean they have to get stuff for me. :) I feel better this week than last week. Every time I cross a new bridge with this deal (newest bridge = hair loss) I am forced onto the roller coaster again. I have a hard time when I am sad or upset. It is really frustrating, when I feel sad I think back to the week before when I felt good, when I was happy. I sit there and try to figure out how to get back to feeling good. The answer so far has been simple, time. Time to process what is going on. Time to process how I feel and time to figure out what I can do to make it better. Sometimes there is nothing I can do and somehow in those moments one of my friends sends a text, a card, a package or email to let me know they care. It really ma

Chemo Round numero dos

What up peeps. I just did my second round of chemo. I actually have fun there. The nurses are so my homies and I made a new friend. His name is Bernie and he is around 65ish. He is funny and his whole family has a great sense of humor. Before I left he made sure that I understood from this point on I must, yes must, save a seat for him next to me. Bernie is my BOY!!! I felt okay right after chemo but about an hour later felt pretty bad. It is hard to describe I guess it feels like a really bad flu that comes out of nowhere. So I took extra nausea meds and pain pills. So although my brain is real real slow, I feel pretty good. The nurses were shocked that I still had hair, and let me know that the hair loss will be increasing over the next week. I plan to have a head shaving party at my house next Fri or Sat. If you are local you are welcome to join the fiesta. I am hoping to be able to shave my head and leave a temporary mohawk. Why you ask? Well if not now, will I really