Skip to main content

Here and Now (a little scattered)

It is not until watching "Soul Surfer" yesterday and traveling to the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk Kick-off breakfast this morning that I could make sense of the past year. I have both struggled intensely and been blessed completely. But I have felt dragged down and out through it all.

I can say today, that I am incredibly fortunate. I am incredibly blessed. I have amazing friends, loving family and the ability to function each day on my own two feet. I am alive.

I realize today I need to move forward into my next stage of healing. I need to forgive myself for not being perfect and making mistakes. I need to learn and grow from those mistakes. I need to forgive those who have hurt me and let go of the friendships I have lost.

I need to remember daily how fortunate I am and thank god for every morning. I need to focus on those I love more than on myself. I need to say "US, WE, OUR" more than "I".

I was hurt deeply in 2010 and it caused me to bottle up and question EVERY friendship I have or have ever had. It made me doubt everything about myself. The past year has been hard and it has been self inflicted by my own anger and insecurities.

I have not relied on God I have not prayed for help I have not let go and I have not relied on what I know to be true. That everything happens for a reason, and that each day I can grow closer or farther from God based on the choices I make.

I know that from this minute onward, I will try to be less selfish and more caring to my loved ones. I will try to let go and forgive. I will try to find peace and I will do all this knowing it cannot be done without faith. I will try to be mindful.

One huge factor of how greatly I have been blessed is that in the past year I found my love. I have found the man I want to have a family with and share my life with. I want to be the best most loving and supportive fiance and wife I can be. I want to be more concerned with his needs than my own. I truly and deeply love him more every day. I want to continue to build a relationship based on love and being ourselves, good and bad.

I appreciate this moment right now, where I realize that I must fight my own negativity, my own doubts and let go of the anger and "unfairness" of what I went through. Because honestly, it has made me who I am today and I need to learn to love that person and be thankful I survived what I have gone through.

I am hoping to focus more on what I have than on what I don't. And I pray that I can learn to let go in a positive healthy loving way, not as a defense.

I am thankful for today.

Comments

Wugger said…
Hi Baby Baby... I read your blog and wish I was closer to you!!! To be their for you and beat up all the bullshit-ers! I miss you and wish I could have you more in my life! I have had a hard year too and I took your words to heart! We are so lucky to have the friends and families we do because otherwise I may have gone crazy by now! Also our faith is so important but often put on the back-burner... I am so happy and excited for your engagement!!! I love you and want you to always remember... CHEESEBURGER!!! I'm always up for one or 2 burgers and some chicken fingers!!! and some BEER! and some good music!!

Popular posts from this blog

Shaved

I went ahead and shaved my head today. It has been falling out non-stop since Thursday. I traveled to Stafford today to pick up my wigs so I had Hazel go ahead and buzz cut my hair. She did leave enough at the top for a killer mohawk this weekend. I must say I was more upset this morning constantly throwing away chunks of hair than I am right now, rubbing my softly shaven head. Two new observations: 1. Everything is much colder 2. My head is much lighter

Chemo #3

I had my third chemo session today. My friend Claire went with me. It's nice to have someone there; I dare say a partner in crime. Plus, since I am hooked to a machine, I get to boss around my guest to get me coffee, snacks etc. Pretty sweet, I mean they have to get stuff for me. :) I feel better this week than last week. Every time I cross a new bridge with this deal (newest bridge = hair loss) I am forced onto the roller coaster again. I have a hard time when I am sad or upset. It is really frustrating, when I feel sad I think back to the week before when I felt good, when I was happy. I sit there and try to figure out how to get back to feeling good. The answer so far has been simple, time. Time to process what is going on. Time to process how I feel and time to figure out what I can do to make it better. Sometimes there is nothing I can do and somehow in those moments one of my friends sends a text, a card, a package or email to let me know they care. It really ma

Chemo Round numero dos

What up peeps. I just did my second round of chemo. I actually have fun there. The nurses are so my homies and I made a new friend. His name is Bernie and he is around 65ish. He is funny and his whole family has a great sense of humor. Before I left he made sure that I understood from this point on I must, yes must, save a seat for him next to me. Bernie is my BOY!!! I felt okay right after chemo but about an hour later felt pretty bad. It is hard to describe I guess it feels like a really bad flu that comes out of nowhere. So I took extra nausea meds and pain pills. So although my brain is real real slow, I feel pretty good. The nurses were shocked that I still had hair, and let me know that the hair loss will be increasing over the next week. I plan to have a head shaving party at my house next Fri or Sat. If you are local you are welcome to join the fiesta. I am hoping to be able to shave my head and leave a temporary mohawk. Why you ask? Well if not now, will I really