Skip to main content

Holiday, celebrate...

Happy holidays to everyone, I hope you are enjoying time with your family.

Well my Christmas was nice, I spent time with 4 different families that I hold dear. I did however, avoid most of the holiday flair this year. I guess I have too many memories from last year and how insane the holidays were, after being diagnosed with cancer. So I kind of avoided the whole deal, I did not even get my tree put up, I did get it out of the closet, just never took it out of the box.

I only got presents for people that I would actually see, so most of my family with have to wait for me to get my act together in January. (I know I suck)

I am preparing for my 29th birthday on Thursday and I am kind of hoping that will snap me back into action. I remember last year, I had a great time seeing the Transmitters play, but the entire night was full of me remembering that I had cancer. So my thoughts were, "dance dance, yay it's my birthday, oh crap I have cancer", repeat until 4 am. I am a believer that how you spend your new years shapes the coming year, so I made plans to be around some of my favorite people in a nice relaxing carefree setting. I dare say I will be spending time with a few of my "staple" friends, as they have been in my life for many years.

I wish all of you a prosperous new year, and I have already decided that 2009 is going to be my year - so bring it on!!!

Much love - R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I made a choice.

So I have spent the past few weeks thinking.   Trying to nail down what is most important.  Trying to give myself some perspective.   So I have outlined my worst case scenarios.  Worst case scenario #1:  I don't have the surgery now and end up with cancer in the next few years.   Worst case scenario #2: I have the surgery now and a few years from now I am unhappy and upset that I never had my own biological children.   Worst case scenario #3: I have horrible menopausal symptoms for the next few years.   So. When I write them out.  I see something pretty clear.  #2 and #3 are temporary and there are options for me to work through.   #1 could equal death.  Which is pretty permanent.   So. I'm gonna do it.  That's how I feel right now.  I'm going to chose short term suffering to have a better long term life.   I am trying to read up on things I can do to mitigate menopause that ...

Please keep your hands and feet inside during the ride

Right now, 10:53 is the first moment in a month that I had to stop what I was doing to write. This moment was constant back in "the early months". The past few entries were forced and out of necessity not out of wanting to share and express my thoughts. That may have been apparent to some of you. I am trying. I am trying to slowly deal with all of this. But you see - its not like I can check off my to do list easily. So i thought i would share some of my thoughts... #1- I thank god i don't have cancer #2 - I need to relax because I don't have cancer and focus on my healing #3 - I need to accept that my best long term best option was to have a double masectomy and that i chose that and the form of reconstruction - I CHOSE #4 - I need to tell myself that once I heal I will be able to accept my appearance #5 - I need remember how i looked bald and be thankful that I have 2 inches of hair now and I should stop looking at my "before cancer" pictures and cry...

I'm back...well sorta

Hello everyone, I'm back. Medically speaking I am doing pretty fabulous.  I made it through the surgery.  i am recovering pretty fast and I am able to do a little more each day.  I was surprised by the level of pain I experienced while in the hospital and my first week home. It was much more painful that i imagined, but that is in the past now.  In addition, I did not realize how much after care i would need with my various cuts and stitches, but that too will pass.  My mom has been taking care of me and i know that I would not have made it through this without her. I also realize that I do know myself well and as I suspected this has been the most emotionally difficult part of cancer treatment.  i struggled at times with the chemo and wrapping my head around having cancer but those were minor.  I am trying to slowly deal with everything, but it is very difficult and exhausting.   i am planning to go to NC for a few weeks to recover there.  i don't think I can stand to be...