Skip to main content

Yo Yo Yo

This past week has been strange. I went to my 6th Taxol Chemo appt - so the good news is I am half-way done with my second round of Chemo. (yay) However, I think my body is starting to get maxed out. I do not have the severity of side affects that I did with the first type of chemo; but I think all the chemo is starting to take a toll. So I struggled a little this week. Not to bad but just my mind and body are a little weaker than normal.

This week I saw a young guy in chemo - first time I have seen anyone close to my age. Turns out he is younger than me and I think he has to go more than once a week. I think they are giving him much stronger drugs than I get and more often. It made me realize that the actual chemo I am getting right now is not so bad - I just have to pay attention to my body and mind and make sure to rest.

I think laughter is underated as a medicine. I can tell you laughter and faith are what keep me going, what help me to stay positive. Please note that for me positive does not mean happy all the time. Positive for me is understanding where I am, knowing what I can and cannot control and trying to make the best of my situation.

I have mostly good days - days that I am able to find time to rest, time to work, time to play. A day where I can balance everything out. My bad days are the ones where I am too tired to do anything, when my body is in so much pain it hurts to lay down. Those days too are temporary and will pass. In a way I appreciate the bad days because they make my good days so much brighter.

I wanted to give a shout out to Crystal, Justine, Anna and Ana who are all taking part in the Avon Walk this weekend. You girls rock and I hope it does not rain on you!!!!

Much Love -
Rosie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I made a choice.

So I have spent the past few weeks thinking.   Trying to nail down what is most important.  Trying to give myself some perspective.   So I have outlined my worst case scenarios.  Worst case scenario #1:  I don't have the surgery now and end up with cancer in the next few years.   Worst case scenario #2: I have the surgery now and a few years from now I am unhappy and upset that I never had my own biological children.   Worst case scenario #3: I have horrible menopausal symptoms for the next few years.   So. When I write them out.  I see something pretty clear.  #2 and #3 are temporary and there are options for me to work through.   #1 could equal death.  Which is pretty permanent.   So. I'm gonna do it.  That's how I feel right now.  I'm going to chose short term suffering to have a better long term life.   I am trying to read up on things I can do to mitigate menopause that ...

Please keep your hands and feet inside during the ride

Right now, 10:53 is the first moment in a month that I had to stop what I was doing to write. This moment was constant back in "the early months". The past few entries were forced and out of necessity not out of wanting to share and express my thoughts. That may have been apparent to some of you. I am trying. I am trying to slowly deal with all of this. But you see - its not like I can check off my to do list easily. So i thought i would share some of my thoughts... #1- I thank god i don't have cancer #2 - I need to relax because I don't have cancer and focus on my healing #3 - I need to accept that my best long term best option was to have a double masectomy and that i chose that and the form of reconstruction - I CHOSE #4 - I need to tell myself that once I heal I will be able to accept my appearance #5 - I need remember how i looked bald and be thankful that I have 2 inches of hair now and I should stop looking at my "before cancer" pictures and cry...

I'm back...well sorta

Hello everyone, I'm back. Medically speaking I am doing pretty fabulous.  I made it through the surgery.  i am recovering pretty fast and I am able to do a little more each day.  I was surprised by the level of pain I experienced while in the hospital and my first week home. It was much more painful that i imagined, but that is in the past now.  In addition, I did not realize how much after care i would need with my various cuts and stitches, but that too will pass.  My mom has been taking care of me and i know that I would not have made it through this without her. I also realize that I do know myself well and as I suspected this has been the most emotionally difficult part of cancer treatment.  i struggled at times with the chemo and wrapping my head around having cancer but those were minor.  I am trying to slowly deal with everything, but it is very difficult and exhausting.   i am planning to go to NC for a few weeks to recover there.  i don't think I can stand to be...